Legally Kidnapped

Shattering Your Child Welfare Delusions Since 2007


Friday, December 24, 2010

No home to call my own

No home to call my own

By a student at Crenshaw High School

Do you know how it feels to lose a parent not to death but the government taking them away? Or to have to grow up with people you know but really don’t like? Well, I don’t live with either of my parents or my family members; instead I had to join someone else’s. None of us are really related but somehow we call each other family. The government or foster care want us to call each other family, but the people I live with are not.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8:58 PM

    I know how you feel, I am 48 and nothing has gotten better. To be honest it has gotten worse in Oklahoma and Florida! I was raised in foster care, children's homes anywhere they could stick me for a few months at a time, never really very long. No differnce now trying to get help for my step-children and the state just wants the children to go back to the person abusing them.

    ReplyDelete

Guess what

It Could Happen To You