Legally Kidnapped

Shattering Your Child Welfare Delusions Since 2007


Monday, November 15, 2010

Allowing head hits in hockey borders on child abuse

When my oldest daughter was in the 5th grade, there was this kid on the school bus who used to make fun of her.  For months she would come home in tears.  Although I had spoken to the school about this several times, they wouldn't do a thing. about it.  So one day, without any encouragement from me, he was shooting his mouth off, she got fed up.  They got off the bus at the same stop, he makes a final comment, she turns around, walks right up to him, takes one good shot right to the face, he fell down on his ass and never bothered her again.

The next morning the school calls me up because the bullies mother called to complain about her sons black eye.  Apparently she even attempted to get my daughter kicked off the school bus.  So I proceeded to remind the principal of all the calls I had made to them regarding this same kid who was making my kids life miserable and asked, how dare you even call me about this? 

"Well we can't have kids getting violent," was the response.

F****** hypocrites. 

And now I'm seeing more and more articles like this.


Allowing head hits in hockey borders on child abuse

Note: My father always used to tell me that Hockey was the game that separated the men from the boys. And I would have to agree with him there.
Hockey is a dangerous game. When medical experts and safety advocates say evidenced-based research shows injury-prevention and harm-reduction initiatives are good for the health and safety of the game and the players, everyone and especially Hockey Canada should take note.

Note: I swear to God if the anti-abuse people had their way we'd all be playing with overweight Barbie Dolls, walking around in tutu's and going both ways in the sack and thinking it's perfectly fine to do so.  Perhaps we should ban bicycles because kids can fall off.  Perhaps we should ban food because kids could choke.   Perhaps we should ban schools since they tend to be breeding grounds for bullies, are were lots of kids get their drugs or are pushed onto psyche meds by the arm twisting of the teachers who are trying to make their jobs easier.    

It really makes me sick to look back upon my own childhood, when myself and my friends would get together on a summer afternoon for a friendly game of football with no adults telling us how to play it or to be careful since we didn't have any safety equipment.  I used to love the Tarzan swing that we would start off from the branch of a tree, swing out over the water and jump in from 20 feet above.  Sure one person gets hurt and the police are cutting it down.  We'd just get another rope and put it right back up.

Well I hate to tell you people, this is why we have the emergency room.  And you should be more concerned about taking your kid there since they'll report every little injury, no matter what it is, to CPS.  See there is a very real danger there.  When I was a kid, if you got hurt you went to the doctor or the hospital, without fear.  No more.  Our boys are now supposed to be dainty and the meaning of the word "man" is to be redefined to something much more closer to a pansy

I am personally so sick and tired of other people's concern for the safety and well being of MY kids.   You all really need to learn to mind your own business.

You all really need to learn that it is human nature for kids to be rough, mean and to do things that as adults we realize aren't entirely safe.  And if you are so concerned about your sons or daughters being bullied, put them into karate class so they can deal with these assholes the proper way.  Which is by putting them in their place, because that's what bullies understand.  Not too many billies that I knew of would ever mess with a hockey player, and do you know why?  It's because they would have gotten their asses kicked. 

So if you anti-abuse people keep pushing our boys to only engage in activities where there is absolutely no chance of them getting a scratch, then you are setting them up to fail. 





 

1 comment:

  1. Amen.

    It all seems like common sense to me... But apparently common sense isn't all that common anymore...

    ReplyDelete

Guess what

It Could Happen To You