Legally Kidnapped

Shattering Your Child Welfare Delusions Since 2007


Friday, November 14, 2008

Maria Called Me A Troll

So I just want to say that I'm totally broken over being called a "troll" on the blog of a foster parent. Nothing in my life has hurt my heart more.

I need some emotional support right now. I just don't know how I'm going to get through this. Oh my God! My heart is broken. I should just pack it up, delete this blog, admit that they are all right and wallow in my sorrow.

Not! As Yosemite Sam would say... "Dem's fightin' words!"

Alright, here's what's going on. I did my post, featuring a few of the many blogs of foster parents and adopters that I come across on a daily basis for national adoption month. An adopter who never cleaned her house until it was time for her foster care license rectification, and obviously has emotional issues, took offense that her words were used to illustrate my point. Then, Anonymous comes along chewing me out for it, in a big long nasty comment, which I took head on.

Then, Maria leaves a comment, saying that if I wanted to have a civil discourse, I could email her. So I responded, and told her that I would be perfectly willing to civilly discuss anything with her. Then she sends me a big long email bitching me out like you wouldn't believe. I read about half of it, thought, 'f*** you' then hit the delete button. Oh, I'm the bad guy for using the words of somebody who want's your children, and stated it publically in her blog.
"You should totally put another child in this house!"
This email, that I received, was apparently written after she wrote a post on her blog about me, crying out for sympathy.

Ok, that said, allow me to enlighten you all as to why I'm making a big deal about this. I honestly probably never would have mentioned Maria again, regardless of Anonymous and her silly rants. Maria means nothing to me. I have nothing personal against her. I also want to add that my only goals for Legally Kidnapped is to expose a problem in society, to educate the ignorant, and to give you all a voice. For that I am a troll. Ok, BFD. I'm a troll. I've been called worse. I'll get over it.

That's not what concerns me though, because I actually expected a lot more hate mail then what I have gotten since starting this blog. People have actually been very supportive of it. People have thanked me for it. I love and support you all.

Here's what concerns me. This post of hers was followed by, so far, 11 comments.
Angie said... "Blah. Ignore them."

Kelly said... "Sorry you have to deal with that Maria."

Anonymous said... "Maria- Who cares what they think."

Trish said... "Ignor them because you will just fuel this person fire and let them know they got to you."

Jennifer said... "They obviously don't know you or your family. Focus on the good stuff and not hateful trolls."

Anonymous said... "Poop on trolls. You should definitely ignore it."

Chad said... "...I just don't get Anti-Foster parenting groups... you bunch of wacky bitches..."

KrisD said... "I am ashamed to say that I am so ignorant that I didn't even know that there were anti-adoptive/foster people and groups out there."

Michelle said... "Maria, ignore this person."

Kat's Credence said... "I agree, ignore them!"
Honestly, now. I'm trying to help to give you all a voice here. If so many of these people all think that we should just be ignored...

They ignore me.
They ignore all of "you wacky bitches".
They ignore the fact that the Child Protective Industry is an out of control, profit driven system that takes, abuses, and destroys your children and families. It is to your cost and their benefit to feel that way.

Dealing with trolls

This is the mentality that we're up against people. How long do you all want to be ignored?

And I also want to take the opportunity to publicly apologize to Maria for this. It's nothing personal against you. I only wish the best to you and your family, but it doesn't bother you to be a pawn in their game, so it doesn't bother me to make you a pawn in mine.

And all we are to them is trolls.

LK

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like Maria is PARANOID to me. Don't you think so?

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Never look a gift horse in the mouth" must be Maria's motto.
    Just assume that everything that DHS tells you is true, and that anyone who says otherwise is a lying troll, and you'll keep getting other people's kids delivered to your doorstep.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:56 PM

    Did she say she never cleaned her house? Why did you leave out the comments people posted about how her house was clean? Why leave out the post on twisting things? Oh, that's right, b/c YOU ARE! And pawns, what, do you think this is a game?

    ReplyDelete

Guess what

It Could Happen To You