Legally Kidnapped

Shattering Your Child Welfare Delusions Since 2007


Sunday, March 16, 2008

How US state goverments harm children they seek to protect

How US state goverments harm children they seek to protect

On October 8, 2004, Montgomery County took my daughter away from me, and I entered the surreal and hitherto unknown world of Family Court, Social Services, lawyers, foster care, Child Preventive Services and Child Protective Services (CPS). I got my daughter back eight months later and have spent the last year trying to undo the damage that was done to her while in the county's care. While at Northeast Parent & Child Society's Children's Home in Schenectady, New York, where the county placed her, she learned to smoke marijuana and steal cold medicine to get high, among other things.

3 comments:

  1. I want to first thank you for stopping by my blog and reviewing it.
    Secondly I must corroborate what you have been docmenting here on your blog. I worked in a foster care agency as a RN for 8 years in the early '90s. While I have seen many children rescued from horrendous abuse and living conditions and placed in loving foster homes where they thrived. I also saw many children victimized by the system. Children being removed from families as a result of lies and vindictiveness of others. I have seen children further abused foster parents. Its not a perfect system. I feel bad for families victimized and "legally kidnapped" as you call it. It stains your family history forever.
    I wish you success and blessing with your situation.
    http://gailtravel.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:42 PM

    Thank you.

    I would actually like to hear from a lot more professionals who have worked in the industry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:33 PM

    I am here in Florida going through the same thing. To read my whole story, please go to http://myspace.com/saveourkidsfromdcf .
    Can we get together and see if we can somehow contact other people in our area who have suffered this nightmare and violation of our state and federal rights and en masse go to our representatives and see what changes we can make?
    I am still in the fight, but I am willing to continue after the kids come home and do whatever we can do now as a group to make a difference.
    Thanks,
    Angela

    ReplyDelete

Guess what

It Could Happen To You