Legally Kidnapped

Shattering Your Child Welfare Delusions Since 2007


Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Law Project for Psychiatric Rights v. State of Alaska

Law Project for Psychiatric Rights v. State of Alaska

In this lawsuit PsychRights is seeking declaratory and injunctive relief that Alaskan children and youth have the right not to be administered psychotropic drugs unless and until:

(i) evidence-based psychosocial interventions have been exhausted,
(ii) rationally anticipated benefits of psychotropic drug treatment outweigh the risks,
(iii) the person or entity authorizing administration of the drug(s) is fully informed, and
(iv) close monitoring of, and appropriate means of responding to, treatment emergent effects are in place,

and that all children and youth currently receiving such drugs be evaluated and brought into compliance with the above.

1 comment:

  1. Hello, everything that I have seen of Jim's has been accurate and good work. I think what he really wants is to stop the drugging of the children and to prevent and stop all forms of abuse. He does not come across to me as a person that would condone any type of abuse, and yet I think he has heard and seen enough that he also knows that some of this is based on false reports and false statistics for various and sundry reasons. I can not or will not speak for him or what his intentions are, I can only speak for myself. However, I have trusted Jim for a long time now, and have since I first met him. I think he works hard and is very ethical in his intentions.

    ReplyDelete

Guess what

It Could Happen To You