Legally Kidnapped

Shattering Your Child Welfare Delusions Since 2007


Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Dorrene

My name is Dorrie, and this is my story. In may of 2000 I left my husband due to verbal,physical, and financial abuse. I have 2 children, my son which was not biologicaly my ex-husbands and a daughter who was his biologically his. I went to my mothers home and tried to take both children with me, My ex-husband would not let me take my daughter. He was a truck driver and took my daughter who was about 4 at the time on cross country trips. I tried to follow him and to take my daughter back and the State police said i would have to get a court order to get my daughter back. I could not afford a lawyer, and Legal Aid said my case was not severe enough. I continued to try and get my daughter back and eventually had to call CPS. This was in the summer of 2001 when I made that awful call. By October of 2001, CPS called me and told me that my daughter was in protective custody due to numerous reports from around the state about my daughter and the way she was being cared for. I then left my mother's home and went to the county, which was a 6 hour drive from my mom's home (same state) to get my daughter back. I had friends in that county that gave me and my son a place to stay. I went to the CPS office to talk to the worker(s) on my daughters case and to find out exactly what happened. As soon as I walked into the office and told them my name...they ushered me back to the back and put me into what looked like an interrogation room. A few minutes later a woman named Tammy Goudreau came in with a tape recorder and started to ask me questions about why my daughter was left in my husbands care and why did I abandon her, she asked where my son was and who was taking care of him and just made me feel like a criminal when all i wanted was to get my daughter back. The next day... I am getting summoned into court to answer to child abandonment charges on my daughter and neglect charges on my son. They appointed me an attorney, Tim Cain. When i went to his office to discuss my case, i took a friend with me, went into his office dressed very professional, and he ignored my questions and carried on a conversation with my friend about his past work experience of working on the railroad. I left his office not knowing what to expect in court and with no advice or counsel. I went to court and this is when i meet the other worker asigned to my case, Sue Asplund. They came up with a case plan. My attorney Tim Cain, told me "just foloow the case plan and your daughter comes home"... Well my ex-husband was bieng charged with child neglect as well but only for my daughter because my son was not biologically his. This all took place in October of 2001. For the next 8 months (Oct 2001 to June2002) was pure hell. They were "investigating " my every move. I was only in this county a week and had an apartment, a job, and my son was enrolled in school. DHS did help me with a $200 deposit on the apartment but that was all the help i recieved from them. I was followed, harrassed and lied about in court. In one court hearing, I was told that my children could never be in the same home because my son , who was 7 years old at the time, had the propensity to become a pedophile, due to a story that my ex-husband told the courts, That my son, who was 5 years old at the time and my daughter was 3 years old, was caught naked together touching each other. I had the opportunity to ask my children about this incident seperately and both denied that it happened. My attorney Tim Cain, never questioned the Gaurdian ad Litem Dan Vader for proof or a statement from a liscensed child therapist or psychologist about the validatity of the accusations. When i asked my attorney Tim Cain, to look into this matter and told him i knew it was a lie that my ex-husband fabricated to make me look bad in court, he told me that it was not nessasary, and that basically i have to choose which child i want. I was very distraught, and had no where to turn. My ex-husband was tell CPS and his lawyer john Economapolis, so many lies about me. Tammy Goudreau, and Sue Asplund (CPS) began to investagate me even more. My case plan stated i need to create a stable living environment free of drugs and alcohol and "undesireable people". The made me Get up for one week striaght at 2 am.. wake up my son who had school the next morning, and go to the police station to blow in the tube to check for alcohol, and urinate in a cup to check for drugs. I don't use drugs, or drink, not then or now. because they found nothing in my system, not even residual , the threw it out of court. I found out that this Tammy Goudreau, was threatening my friends and thier families, to give up any info or "lies" about me. They then assigned a woman named Kay Pryal, who was in her late 40's and everyday she visited my house... we were supposed to be discussing my case plan and ways to achieve this,,, but Mrs. Pryal, would "cry".. yes literally cry about how miserable she was at home and that her husband was verbally abusive to her. Kay Pryal then went back and lied to Tammy Goudreau and Sue Asplund about things going on in my house. Now the judge in my case The Honarable Judge Goebel. was nothing of the sort. I had gotten my Taxes back for 2001 in March of 2002. I paid all of my bills, i was ordered to pay child support on my daughter while she was in foster care, which i did with my taxes. After court, Judge Goebel wanted to see me in his chambers...so i went to his chambers and it was just him and i and a court reporter. he wanted to know how i had spent my taxes, wanted reciepts and and he wanted to see my bank account statement. He gave me 1 hour to go home or to the bank and get all of this documentation.... My attorney Tim Cain, was not present for any of this nor was he in court that day. I went back to the Judges chambers will all of my receipts and statements and he seen that i had over $900 in my account that was left over from my taxes... he then said and i quote" Don't you think you should pay more?"... i replied, your honor, i am up to date and currant on all of my bills and child support. he replyed and i quote " you have over $900 in your account, your bills are current, and the courts have only charged you a bare minimum based on you income so therefor i think you should pay more"... I did not know what to say and without my attorney... i did not know if that was legal or not. He then order me to go to my bank and draw out $600 to pay the courts for child support of my daughter in foster care, which i did. After that, things really went down hill.... Tammy And Sue where at my house twice or more a week, they would show up unanounced everytime, they would interrogate my neighbors, teachers, even my place of employment was harrassed so much that i got fired for missing too much work.. at least that is what the boos told me... but i know better. The two workers came to my house one day to "visit" with me and asked to see my check stubs from my job... I showed them my stubs as well as the check i had gotten that day... they were very small, the currant check was for $96 and they laughed at my earnings... Tammy said that was her spending money for the week and Sue said she spends that a day for feed for her horses. I never felt so low and humiliated in my life. By the time june 2002 rolled around, i was so sick of the lies and scrutiny that on June 27 which was a thrusday... Tammy showed up at my house unanounced...my son was outside with 2 neighbor kids riding thier bikes in the back yard and in front of the house on the side walk. I opened the door and she asked what i was doing... i said i was lying down on the couch watching tv, she asked where my son was, i said he was outside riding his bike with 2 other kids from down the street.... she said... i did not see him when i got here... so i took her to the kitchen window and showed her the he was in fact in the back yard playing with 2 other boys as i had said. She then began to get very snotty and flippant with me by saying that i was not following the case plan and that there were witnesses that said i was a the bar on wednesday night.... she started to name names and they were people i did not know and i was at home on wednesday not in a bar and had friends over wednesday for dinner.... but she would not hear any of it... and i got angry at this point and told her (forgive the language please)...YOU FUCKING CASE PLAN IS A BUNCH OF SHIT, I AM TIRED OF YOU FOLLOWING ME AND BOTHERING MY FRIENDS AND MY WORKPLACE, SO YOU CAN TAKE YOUR CASE PLAN AND SHOVE IT UP YOUR ASS.. NOW GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY HOUSE AND DON'T COME BACK UNLESS YOU CALL OR HAVE A WARRENT"... she told me she would see me in court at 9 am the next day (friday). I showed up in court the next morning and took my son to his daycare center. My attorney did not show up as usual and i went in front of the magistrate, Tammy Goudreau, and Dan Vader the Guardian ad litem were present and my self.... Tammy told the magistrate the she felt afriad and her life threatend by me, and that i could not provived adequate supervision for my son and that he needed to be removed imediately because he was in danger. After She had presented the court her recomendations and Dan Vader agreed... some lady came in to the court room with some papers and the magistrate then told me that my Attorney Tim cain had just filed a motion with the court to be dismissed as counsel to me and the magistrate granted him that and he was dissmissed from my case. the magistrate told me to seek counsel and report back to him in a week. He then gave me the opportunity to speak and i told him that i never threatend Mrs.Goudreau, and to please not take my son form me.. i have not abused or neglected my son in any way and all of these alegations were false..but please give me a chance don't take my son. He kinda smirked when i was finished and in tears and crying uncontrollably, he told Tammy to remove my son and place him in foster care until the matter could be presented to Judge Goebel. I did not wait for the paper work i ran out of the court house and speed to the daycare where my son was at... i was not there 1 minute and the entire hose was surrounded by 4 police cars.. 2 city and 2 county patrol cars and 8 cops... along with Tammy Goudreau and Sue Asplund. I was crying and holding my son he was crying and did not know what was going on and why all the police where there. The cops had thier hands on thier guns ready to draw and they came into the house with the 2 workers and told me to release the child or i would be placed under arrest of obstruction.... I could not beleive this was happening to me.... first my daughter... now my son.... so i let him go and told him he would be home soon not to worry about anything. He was crying for me when they took him and he tried to fight them from taking him.. he was 8 years old when this happened in june of 2002. for 6 more months i fought even harder, got a new lawyer that tried to fight but so much had been done in the case that her hands were tied, got a better job and a cheaper and smaller place to rent. But nothing i did was good enough. Tammy and Sue Especially Sue began telling in "kind consoling and sugar coated words, that i was not going to get my son back, that my right were going to be terminated regaurdless if i did it voluntarily or court ordered... they were going to push to terminate... so by Dec2002... The right of my son were terminated.... i sat numb and crying in that court room and they asked me to sign papers... i did not sign and i lloked at them thru tear filled eyes and just pushed them away and said nothing.... my rights were still terminated that day and i was allowed 1 more visit with my son because it was close to Christmas and it was in the Child Therapist's office.. Dan Forrester, who by the way, testified on my behalf despite the possibility of losing his job... they ignored his recommendations and scratched his testamony from the record. I lost my Son for NOTHING.... i stood up to them and lost my son, there was never any proof of neglect or abuse... just my inability to pay my bills due to the fact i had a crappy minimum wage job in small town America. No Drugs, No alcohol, No crazy violent boyfriends hanging around my house, clean house, a few dishes in the sink.. not piled up to the ceiling, always food in the cupboards and in the fridge, washer and dryer.. clothing always clean and put away.... So WHY DID I LOSE MY SON... my daughter is a whole other case.... I will post that story soon.. But it involves 2 states.... My case Took place 9 years ago in Escanaba, Delta County, Michigan...please help me to expose these corrupt officials and CPS workers. another intersting fact ot this is... about a year or less after my case was terminated... Both Tammy Goudreau and Sue Asplund recieved promotions and raises... there is much more to my story... as far as these workers, lawyers and jugdes are concerned... they are all corrupt... agian i will post my daughters story in a later post.... WE MUST NOT GIVE UP THE FIGHT AND THESE MONSTERS MUST BE STOPPED AND MADE TO PAY FOR THIER CRIMES AGIANST AMERICAN FAMILIES!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous6:44 PM

    OMG! You just told my story! This is exactly how cps "helps" kids. Well writen piece. I am so sorry for your family! When it's a stranger abduction like Jaycee Lee Dugard, the whole world is outraged and supportive, but in thesse "legal Kidnapping" cases, there is nothing but scorn and shame for the victimzed families. Thanks for telling your story.Peace...

    ReplyDelete

Guess what

It Could Happen To You