Legally Kidnapped

Shattering Your Child Welfare Delusions Since 2007


Saturday, November 28, 2009

Submitted by Anonymous

I am A U.S. Army Veteran of Both the Iraq and Afghanistan wars! I am A disabled Veteran! I just returned from Afghanistan on Sep 16, 2009! My children were taken from my wife by the Illinois department of children and family services while i was in Afghanistan! I cannot seem to get anywhere with the agency handling my case! I definitely feel like my rights are being violated! please help me!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:59 PM

    Check with a military law attorney, I think the IL court may have made an error: as I believe there is a federal statute saying they cannot proceed with any action in a lawsuit against you while you are out of the country in the military. I believe that as soon as they knew you were out of the country they have to stay any civil suit. see here

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:02 PM

    Great advice, also if you can secure a military attorney that would be very good. Call call call your caseworker, and if you have to leave a message call there supervisor. As question, ask for there help. Do not let them off the hook. If they are ordered to do something make the court aware that they have not done it. Call them every day and remind them they haven't done it. Complete all of their recommendation. If the review says unsatisfactory, dispute it. Do not depend on a court appointed attorney, make them work for you. If they do not do as you ask, make the judge aware right then and their that they are not doing what you asked and ask the judge yourself. THE COURT APPOINTED ATTORNEY IS NOT DOING YHEIR BEST. For a lot of reason. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete

Guess what

It Could Happen To You