Legally Kidnapped

Shattering Your Child Welfare Delusions Since 2007


Thursday, February 24, 2011

holy shit- was foster care a mistake

There is this blog that I have been following over the past few months called I Was A Foster Kid.

It's the blog of a young woman who aged out of foster care and ended up on the street with nothing and nobody.

holy shit- was foster care a mistake

I really gotta give credit where credit is due. This person is doing a fantastic job of showing what the foster care system is like for a good many of the kids in the USA simply by telling her story, blogging about her life, and laying it all out in full raw detail.

Her use of metaphors and comparisons is absolutely brilliant.

I only wish I had all the answers for her. I can only hope and pray for her and the other kids who share a similar fate. And I really urge you to check out her blog. I really think that this kid has a voice that needs to be heard.

1 comment:

  1. This is a must see. This is the blog of a foster child who seems to have no avenue in life but art, and boy is she a great artist! She makes you laugh, and she makes you cry. Please support this young lady, emotionally, financially, in whatever way you can.

    ReplyDelete

Guess what

It Could Happen To You