Legally Kidnapped

Shattering Your Child Welfare Delusions Since 2007


Monday, May 24, 2010

Students donate care kits for foster children

Students donate care kits for foster children

For their culminating project for the year, gifted and talented elementary students from across the county came up with the idea to make care kits for children who enter foster care.

About 150 students from the fourth, fifth and sixth grades at Elgin, Ridgedale, River Valley and Pleasant schools contributed to the project, collecting donations of hygienic care products and toys for all ages of children who might need to be taken into care.

Note: Now every time I come across an article like this and post it without an explanation, some System Suck gets her panties in a bunch, sends me a comment or an email asking how is it that I could have a problem with such a thing as this. So for the benefit of the easily misled and intellectually challenged, I will give an explanation.

I have no problem with students working on a project with the purpose of helping others such as foster children. It shows caring and compassion and teaches the value of giving. What I have a problem with is that these people are filling these kids heads with so much bullshit that they're actually going to believe that kids are stolen to protect them from abuse or neglect.

When the students put together the kits, they learned about how foster care works and thought about what it would be like to be a foster child.


And if you believe that, I got some swampland in Florida to sell ya.

I highly doubt they considered what it's like to be all doped up on psyche meds in a group home where every time you express your dislike for your situation you are wrestled to the ground by big burly staff members and restrained into compliance. I highly doubt they were taught about the kids who were bounced from home to home or given to pedophiles who use the system to gain easy access to children. I doubt they thought about what it's like to be ripped from their mothers arms while the police are holding them back while she screams, "No don't take my baby!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Guess what

It Could Happen To You