Legally Kidnapped

Shattering Your Child Welfare Delusions Since 2007


Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Polygamous sect leader's daughter wants to ditch her attorney

Polygamous sect leader's daughter wants to ditch her attorney

Teresa Jeffs, 16, a daughter of polygamous sect leader Warren S. Jeffs, gave The Salt Lake Tribune on Sunday a copy of an e-mail she sent Natalie Malonis, of Flower Mound, Texas, after seeing news reports about her case. On Friday, Malonis won a court order banning contact between an FLDS spokesman and the girl.

"The most help you will be to me now is for you to step aside and let me get a different lawyer that I feel like can help me," Jeffs wrote in the e-mail.

She said her attorney ad litem is "trying to restrict me from every person in my life that I want to talk to or have anything to do with."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Guess what

It Could Happen To You