Legally Kidnapped

Shattering Your Child Welfare Delusions Since 2007


Monday, August 10, 2009

Legal Immunity for CPS Workers who Lie?

Legal Immunity for CPS Workers who Lie?

The critics and plaintiffs’ attorneys are out there. They seethe with frustration in their assertion that there are child protection workers who are as dysfunctional and flawed as some of the abusive and neglectful parents they investigate. They feel mistreated, ambushed, without recourse to a neutral oversight authority, and fume that the courts will believe the word of child protection workers over their clients. And yet, when there is a credible allegation that a child protection worker has knowingly made misleading or false statements which resulted in the wrongful removal of a child, their criticism and anger seem justified. Such misrepresentations may involve highly contested issues of material fact that more properly should be examined by an agency supervisor or in court on the merits. The supervisor or court, inadvertently giving credence to the worker’s misrepresentation, may thereby be swayed in favor of the worker’s recommendations.

5 comments:

  1. I thought perjury was a crime in this country. When I was dealing with CPS starting back in December 2000, when we went to court and I heard all the outright lies the social worker said, I thought I was in the twilight zone. I asked my attorney, why the fuck didn't you defend me? You have proof they're lying. He said he didn't want to piss of the judge. Screw that! These were my children! I thought no one would ever believe me but then I got involved in the parental rights movement. It not only happened to me, but to countless others as well. They all tell me, you're not gonna believe this. The sad part is...I do believe them.

    So how is it that they can commit perjury and not be held accountable? It's mind boggling. Now we have a social worker who has been prosecuted AND found guilty for forging a judge's signature. She claims it's so a foster child can get some much needed dental surgery but in reality, she was just incompetent. These are the same people making the decision on whether or not WE are fit parents. Where is the justice in that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:43 PM

    Doe v Lebos was over ruled in Beltran v Santa Clara which isn't mentioned in the article but should be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. twilight zone funny this is the same term i used while standing in court going through the same as you stated my atty. court appt. came out of the judges back pocket would not defend me either, most likely for the same reasons.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous3:52 AM

    They flaunt the law and from personal professional experience, many social workers believe they are above the law. Perhaps they are taught this some where along the way; I am not sure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hate court-appointed counsel as much as I hate CPS and trust me, I hate those lying, baby stealing bastards. They're all in it together. CPS is their bread and butter and every last one of them benefits from having our children adopted out of the foster care system.

    Hell, yeah I felt like I was in the twilight zone. I couldn't believe what was happening to us. I thought we were THE worst parents in the world and this only happened to us. If I'd only known then what I know now. It's too late for me but I'm in this fight until the end. I hate what they're doing to our families.

    ReplyDelete

Guess what

It Could Happen To You