Legally Kidnapped

Shattering Your Child Welfare Delusions Since 2007


Sunday, April 05, 2009

Social workers said because I was a soldier, I was more likely to be violent to my own children

Social workers said because I was a soldier, I was more likely to be violent to my own children

Sitting in his mother-in-law's living room, Matthew Dean's eyes widened in shock as he listened to what his social worker was telling him.

Because he was a man and a soldier - accustomed to fighting for Britain in war-torn countries - he was, they said, more likely to be of a violent disposition, and therefore more capable of abusing his baby son, Louie.

'I was furious,' says Matthew. 'To be told that my occupation and gender should have any bearing on my parenting skills and sense of decency was absolutely beyond belief.'

1 comment:

  1. Another Family's life ruined.
    From past experiance the pain and torment, will remain with these poor Parents forever.
    To serve your Country,and then be deemed a Child Abuser is unforgivable.
    To have to terminate a pregnancy, out of fear that the Local Authority,would take the Baby away at birth, sickens me.
    Since the tragic death of Baby P,and other vulnerable Children up and down the Country, Care Proceedings have increased by 25%.
    Babies are being taken from Hospitals, within hours of birth. in some cases Social Services, have very little evidence, to support such drastic measures.
    If common sense, doesn't prevail, there could be many more Families torn apart,and suffer gross miscarriages of justice, at the hands of the secret family Courts.
    Until the so called professionals are made accountable for shoddy practice, injustice, like this will continue ten fold.

    ReplyDelete

Guess what

It Could Happen To You