Legally Kidnapped

Shattering Your Child Welfare Delusions Since 2007


Monday, October 15, 2018

Sixties Scoop sharing circles looking to shape healing journeys and government apology

Saturday marks the first step in the Saskatchewan government's effort to observe past wrongs and consider a "meaningful" apology to Sixties Scoop survivors.

The Sixties Scoop saw tens of thousands of Indigenous children taken from their families and adopted out across the country and the world, mostly to white families, between the 1960s and the 1980s.

"I was brought up in a non-native family and I lost my culture and tradition, not knowing who I was," said Melissa Parkyn, one of the facilitators for sharing circles being organized by the Sixties Scoop Indigenous Society of Saskatchewan (SSISS). "So, I pretty much lost my identity."

More >> Sixties Scoop sharing circles looking to shape healing journeys and government apology

No comments:

Post a Comment

Guess what

It Could Happen To You