Legally Kidnapped

Shattering Your Child Welfare Delusions Since 2007


Monday, May 03, 2010

Another Foster Contractor Blog - Happy Foster Contractor Glorification and Recruitment Month!

Every now and then I come across the blog of a foster contractor who is so self-righteous, and whose sense of entitlement to your kid is so strong, and now I come across one who basically says "The hell with keeping the kids together, I got mine! Thank God they finally terminated the mothers rights! Woo Hoo!" And my favorite, "Why does this mother keep fighting, knowing she's gonna loose, can't she see what she's doing to these kids by dragging this out?"

And for that, she has made Legally Kidnapped.

Without one hint of caring about the rights or feelings of the real parents she blogs. Without an understanding of the pain this mother and her children have gone through, she blogs. And without a clue as to the psychological beat down that the babystealers put the real families including the parents and the kids through, she blogs.

And hooray! She gets to adopt one of 3 siblings.

Here is a quote from this blog...
I was thinking about all of this the other day and it suddenly hit me how quickly life can change. I have had this revelation before with other situations, but it always kind of sneaks up on me. Here we have been for the past 4 years feeling like we were in a battle for A. and her siblings lives. A. has had such a hard time knowing where to place her loyalty, and the roller coaster ride that we all have been on has been a nightmare. A.'s youngest sibling, her brother, has been with his foster family since he was 2 days old. For 4 long years, his foster mom has worried herself to a frazzle that she would end up losing him. A's other sibling, a sister, has been saying for a couple of years now that she did not want to go home and that she wanted to be adopted by her foster mom. So, her foster mom has been very worried about losing her as well. A. herself has bounced back and forth constantly between loyalty to her real mom and to us. She has suffered the most out of all of the kids.
You need to understand the mentality of these people who they give your children to.

You see, foster care is supposed to be a temporary placement but many don't see it that way. This person seems to have had permanency on her mind from day one, and that's okay with the Child Protective Industry who promotes the concept of foster to adopt as if no parent has a chance at reunification.

It is not uncommon for foster parents to interfere with reunification and work on alienating the parents from their kids. One of my favorite examples of this is right here, in a post called Thoughts on Poca. One has to wonder just how common of a problem this is.

And here's another quote from this blog...
The trial for A.'s mom's TPR is coming up very soon. Her mom has stated to several people that she knows she doesn't have a chance of getting her kids back and that she would like to "quit fighting", but she is afraid that her kids will be mad at her if she gives up. Her kids have stated that they don't care if she "gives up" because they really do not want to go back to that type of life anymore. But they won't say it to their mom. So, on we go. After the trial mom can have, I think, 3 appeals. This is so crazy. It has been 4 years already and it will likely drag on at least one more year. Why can't the mom understand what she is doing to her own kids? Her "trying" is keeping them on such a roller coaster. If she was in a position to have even a little chance of getting them back I would understand better, but she isn't and she knows it.
See what this person isn't getting is that the mom has probably gone through such hell in her dealings with the Child Protective Industry who stole her kids and gave them to her and a couple other foster to adopt placements. These people fall in love with your children and "Fight for them," I mean, "fight against you so that they can adopt."

These people make me sick, so I can't write about it anymore, but I do need to share with you how I found this blog. I came across a poem in an article directory. Article directories are used by internet marketers for link building, where the author posts articles for the use of bloggers, ezine publishers, and webmasters, in exchange for the use of the article you post the link back to the authors website.
----
The Cycle of Abuse
By Diane Foster

A baby lies crying, cold, hungry, and alone

Mom is too tired to keep trying and her love is never shown

Though the small baby pleads, crying, with diaper messy and wet

This little baby's basic needs are barely being met

A baby needs comfort, something she has never known

Her cries go unanswered, and the seeds of distrust begin to be sewn.

She lies with her diaper wet and dirty day after day,

No one comes to change her, or to soothe her loneliness away.

A young child lies crying curled up on his bedroom floor

Wishing he did not hear the angry voices right outside his door

Pressing his clenched hands tightly against his ears

He longs for someone to hold him, to take away his fears

A young child is so hungry, dirty and scared

She wishes that someone would prove that they cared

She longs for her mom to say three little words

But for this young child, "I love you" goes completely unheard

A teenager is angry, so beaten and bruised

He vows he will no longer allow himself to be abused

He walks out of his old life and into the streets

Where alcohol and drugs are the first friends he meets

A teenager sells her body to get money for food

She has no other choice is all she can conclude

A tiny baby is born but mom has nothing to give

She tearfully slips into habits shaped by her own past life she had lived

A young adult now has three kids of his own

He has been unable to overcome the seeds of abuse so long ago sown

Angry, abusive, hopeless and sad

He sees his life as worthless, for he has become exactly like his own dad

This cycle of abuse can be broken; all it takes is more people who care

Where were the families, the church, the school; was anyone even aware?

Children are the future; they need love and strength to cope

We must not ignore their bruises, the cries for help; children are tomorrow's only hope

Happy National Foster Contractor Glorification and Recruitment Month everybody.

8 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:18 PM

    I grew up a foster child for most of my youth and it was because my mother had a mental illness and would go through a "spell" and we wouldn't know where she was for days and weeks at a time. She was never able to get her life together, but let me tell you what. I haven't talked or seen my foster parents since they tried to steal my daughter away from me at 1month old. They even had the gall to ask me to have a baby for them at 15. Ha, they were fat, lazy, he was a pervert and I couldn't get out of there fast enough. I did keep in touch with my mom, though because her abuse was not her fault. Theirs was.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not wanting to hijack, I've written my response to this post on my own blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:24 AM

    In my opinion, the bloggers state of mind regarding adopting a foster child, and the other people on that blog who intend to adopt someone else's child should be placed in the record.

    If this isn't proof of "Parental alienation", then what is?

    Also, her blog is now receiving a banner amount of hits from Legally kidnapped. I would post her garbage, but I would not give a link-back to her site, you only make them feel more relevant than they are.

    By the way, your blog is must reading for any family caught up in the baby selling racket of CPS and CASA.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "A. has had such a hard time knowing where to place her loyalty, and the roller coaster ride that we all have been on has been a nightmare. "

    It's quite obvious here that the child is on a guilt trip of not know where to place her loyalty. As long as their mother is trying, they know that she has not given up on them and their loyalty should lie with their mother, not the foster mother. As long as she is on a reunification plan, whether it is concurrent with Foster/Adopt or not, as long as she is trying and working the plan, the foster parents are to encourage her to do good or at the very least they are not to come between this families love for each other. If she fails, then, the foster parents will be the ones the children will be able to fall back on but by choice I pray. Something, or I will say someone is making this child feel guilty of caring and loving their own mother and this in itself alone is child abuse!

    "A.'s youngest sibling, her brother, has been with his foster family since he was 2 days old. For 4 long years, his foster mom has worried herself to a frazzle that she would end up losing him."

    I can certainly understand how anyone with a loving heart could fall in love with a newborn baby, especially having them for 4 years. Take my grandbaby for instance, I'm pretty sure that her foster mother loves her, but I don't really know that for a fact, because I don't know her at all. I know I love my grandbaby and you see this is very difficult because DFCS had absolutely no plan on my daughter ever getting her child back, no matter how well she was doing. Tuesday is her TPR. They held me up almost the entire time with false allegations and we never went to court. They hate me because I refused to cooperate because I won't admit guilt when I am innocent. So because I won't cooperate I can only see my grandbaby under supervision. I make too much money to qualify for the title IV funding I think. That's why they won't adopt her to me. I don't want their dirty money! So if my daugter fails Tuesday and she is adopted by foster mom, she will be adopting a stolen cild! Also she will be paid a chunk twice up front and monthly payments until she is at least 18.
    See adopting guarantees the funding, unlike foster care. What will happen when this funding just stops? Has any of the foster perents given that any tought? Should not be too hard on our foster parent because my grandbaby... hush now this is a secret....she really isnt a special needs cild...they made that up so she could get the funding.....will this mean she will be in special ed at school and called retard??? mmmm hope they can sleep at nigt because we can't.

    "A's other sibling, a sister, has been saying for a couple of years now that she did not want to go home and that she wanted to be adopted by her foster mom. So, her foster mom has been very worried about losing her as well."

    Same scenerio!

    "A. herself has bounced back and forth constantly between loyalty to her real mom and to us. She has suffered the most out of all of the kids."

    This is very sad!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Foster care classes in NH teach the soon to be foster stranger's to stay clear of the bio family.That the bio family is angry. Hmm! I wonder why!
    The soon to be fosters are told to bond with the children, because they will most likely never go home. Most of the soon to be fosters are there for babies and are there to adopt.
    In Nashua, NH there is NO reunification. Once a child is taken, that child is never returned. Not to parent's and not to relatives. The caseworker's own word's," DCYF can do whatever it want's because our government gave them the power to do so. Nobody win's a TPR in NH and TPR's are NEVER reversed in the state of NH."
    So foster stranger's need to get off their high horse and read between the lines. The commercials on TV make me sick! They state foster's don't have to be perfect. Then why do bio parents have to be perfect? If our government gave half as much help to biological families as they give foster stranger's, our children and grandchildren wouldn't be needlessly kidnapped.If our federal government did a little investigating, they would find DCYF/CPS are not following government mandates before the removal of our children. Services are NEVER provided before a child is stolen. The federal money doesn't kick in until after the child is stolen, so DCYF has the mentality that in order to make money, they must steal the child. Their right! Our government is too stupid to see what they are doing to our families. The social wrecker's shouldn't get a dime. They should only get incentive money for each family kept together. But that would mean they would really have to work for their money!

    ReplyDelete
  6. innerpeace57:36 AM

    BRAVO!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just wanted to say that although I appreciate and understand how angry and frustrated you are at the foster care system, you should realize that you do not know anything about this particular situation. This biological mom was not truly "trying" to do what was necessary in order to get her kids back. This situation is one where mom's negligence placed one of her children in a very abusive and life threatening situation. She has been counseled and every attempt had been made to try to teach her how to put her children first over her need for male companionship, but she has never shown any growth, improvement, or additional common sense in this matter.
    I'm fairly certain if I could lay out all of the facts of this case for you to see, you would understand better that there are indeed SOME cases where the kids are better off living with loving foster parents. I have a feeling that you must have had a very bad experience with the foster care system and I am sorry if that is the case. I do ask you to please not judge me or my situation without knowing all of the facts.
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Diane

    It's nothing personal, I assure you.

    I realize that there are a few good foster families out there, I also realize that there are a few bad parents out there and a few children who would be better off in foster care. But I am also well aware that there are so many fakes and frauds out there in the Child Protective Industry and the Foster Care and Adoption systems that it's not safe to trust anybody.

    ReplyDelete

Guess what

It Could Happen To You