Legally Kidnapped

Shattering Your Child Welfare Delusions Since 2007


Wednesday, May 29, 2019

North Dakota leads the nation in giving mental health drugs to foster kids. Advocates want better treatment

As a troubled foster kid bouncing from doctor to doctor, Deborah Zaun worried about the long-term effects of being on so many mental health drugs.

“Every doctor I went to diagnosed me with something different. It was a confusing time for me in foster care because I thought I was just a big problem. I didn't know what was wrong with me and thought everyone was against me,” she said. “I thought I was never going to be normal because they put me on all these pills.”

More >> North Dakota leads the nation in giving mental health drugs to foster kids. Advocates want better treatment

No comments:

Post a Comment

Guess what

It Could Happen To You