Legally Kidnapped

Shattering Your Child Welfare Delusions Since 2007


Saturday, May 25, 2019

Adopted teens tell lawmakers foster care system needs more money

Daniel Wooden still remembers the day he was sitting in Franklin County Children Services.

"I just heard the lady behind me say, 'hey, we need to get these kids somewhere, and a lady just came and picked me up," he said.

On Tuesday afternoon, Wooden and a group of other foster care teens spoke with state senators about the system's pitfalls. Wooden ended up with a caring, loving family, but it was only by chance.

"My mother, she didn't have the means or will to take care of me, so she gave me up to foster care," he said.

More >> Adopted teens tell lawmakers foster care system needs more money

No comments:

Post a Comment

Guess what

It Could Happen To You