Legally Kidnapped

Shattering Your Child Welfare Delusions Since 2007


Saturday, December 15, 2018

How American Politicians Abandoned Family Values for Tax Cuts and Debt Relief

In 2009, California Representative and future Republican House Majority Leader and dad Kevin McCarthy said that he was worried about the America he was building for his kids. “When I think of the future, I think of my 15-year-old son Connor and my 12-year-old daughter Meghan,” he said. “I worry about the future because your kids are as important to you as mine are to me.”

Less than ten years later, McCarthy led his party’s effort to cut the rescissions package, effectively killing funding for the Children’s Health Insurance Program, which insures 11 million American children and had previously been given bipartisan rubber-stamp treatment. Although the Senate ultimately rejected those cuts, McCarthy’s realpolitiking put the lives of thousands of kids in danger in service of paying down a national debt. McCarthy then voted to cut taxes.

More >> How American Politicians Abandoned Family Values for Tax Cuts and Debt Relief

No comments:

Post a Comment

Guess what

It Could Happen To You