Legally Kidnapped

Shattering Your Child Welfare Delusions Since 2007


Tuesday, May 15, 2018

My beautiful wife had to spend Mothers Day with CPS up her ass but now they're gone.


I just got a call from the CPS worker who was assigned to my case.  She informed me that they are closing my case with no finding of abuse.  Today is May 15th, the initial report was made on May 7th.  That's 8 days people.

I honestly have nothing bad to say about the CPS worker.  I'm not going to lie.  She treated me fairly and we were able to come to a resolution that I am satisfied with quickly.  I appreciate that because it was all bullshit to begin with.  Of course I can't speak for other families on her caseload so I won't, but I'm not going to bash her in any way because I personally have no reason to.

That doesn't mean I'm going to let it go at that.  I will take a quick sigh of relief, then get right back to fighting.

PJ Miles
First of all, I did have a 2 minute phone conversation with a psycho bitch from KidsPeace Maine alternative response by the name of PJ Miles, who accused me of verbal aggression and trying to bully her over the phone.  That pissed me off and I have filed a complaint against her and will file one against her professional license as well as with the state of Maine DHHS.  I'm sure that had I bowed down and kissed her ass from the start, she might have liked me.  I'm also sure had I not refused to work with her, we'd be fighting it out for 35 days, which is how long Maine CPS has to complete an investigation, or she'd try to impose services on my family or who knows.  KidsPeace is a private agency that makes it's money by contracting with CPS so of course they're going to milk it.

I did fill out a form on the KidsPeace website which is apparently their main office in Pennsylvania.  I wanted to make sure they saw my earlier blog post.


And I even got a canned response that does not address my issue.  I do not expect my issue to be addressed.  They will try to sweep it under the rug, but it's there forever anyway.


Now I just have to deal with a rat problem at the school.  Then there is the issue of dealing with the school so that this doesn't continue to happen.  Perhaps I just have to work on rebuilding my relationship and my trust with the school.  Perhaps I should demand that they have better training so that they know the difference between what and what not to report.  This is much harder done than said.  I trusted the person who made the report.  We are supposed to be a part of a team.  We are supposed to be all working together for the common good.  And they know damn well what my kid is like.  I feel like I'm the one who is supposed to take it for the team.  I feel like they stabbed me in the back.

I also need to say...

CPS did not enter my home.  I clearly stated that she would need a warrant.

CPS did not speak to or interact with my children.  Although the worker did "have to lay eyes on them," we came up with a way for her to do that without interacting with my kids.

What I did do was this.  After I refused services with the Alternative Response worker, the case was kicked back to CPS.  The CPS worker called the next day wanting to meet with myself and my wife.  I had assumed it would be a different ARS worker, but now it was a real CPS worker.  So I invited her to a meeting that I already had set up with my daughters case manager and invited her JCCO.  Both professionals who I have been working with for months.  Both who have been in my home.  Both who are helping me to deal with the special needs.  So this CPS worker got to hear a bit about our struggles with my special needs 15 year old, and all the POSITIVE THINGS we had been doing for the last several months.

That was all she needed.

The meeting took place on Friday and she notified me that she was closing the case today.


For earlier posts regarding this case, CLICK HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Guess what

It Could Happen To You