Legally Kidnapped

Shattering Your Child Welfare Delusions Since 2007


Saturday, April 14, 2018

Is The Adoption System Partly To Blame For Devonte Hart's Death?

Back in the '80s, there were two television shows featuring black children adopted by well-off white families. They were two of the most popular sitcoms of all-time; Diff'rent Strokes and Webster.

My childish daydreams would take me to where they were, away from the economically depressed ghetto that I called home.  In a way, the crippling programming led me to surmise that my salvation from a life of poverty lay in the hands of white folks. Of course, I've outgrown that childish, colonized mindset.

More >> Is The Adoption System Partly To Blame For Devonte Hart's Death?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Guess what

It Could Happen To You