Legally Kidnapped

Shattering Your Child Welfare Delusions Since 2007


Friday, October 27, 2017

Mom fights to have 10-year-old daughter with cerebral palsy released from immigration detention



After undergoing gallbladder surgery Tuesday, federal agents refused to release Rosa Maria Hernandez back to her parents, sending her instead to a children's shelter in San Antonio, Texas, that her family said is not equipped to care for her, according to the attorney representing the mother.

"It’s painful for me to know that my daughter is there and I can’t help her," Felipa De La Cruz said today through a translator. "I would like to have her near me so I could be the one who is helping her and supporting her right now when she needs me the most."

"But it’s difficult -- when I start to think about her, I start to get sad and I start to become desperate," De La Cruz added through tears on a call with reporters.

More >> Mom fights to have 10-year-old daughter with cerebral palsy released from immigration detention


1 comment:

  1. something terribly wrong with this, why is the gov getting involved with a 10 year old with illness...no one is using their brains

    ReplyDelete

Guess what

It Could Happen To You