Legally Kidnapped

Shattering Your Child Welfare Delusions Since 2007


Saturday, February 20, 2016

‘I saw his fluffy little head going out the door’: one woman's fight to keep her baby

In the late afternoon of Friday 12 July 2013, in the calm, modern maternity wing of North Tyneside general hospital, 16-year-old Peter Bertram made a video of his mother holding his newborn baby brother. Peter’s video, made on his mother’s phone, lasts just over five minutes. In it, Annie Bertram, 33, sits in a hospital chair cradling her sleeping six-day-old son, Huw. Her long, chestnut hair is pulled back in a band; she looks exhausted. “Mamma’s just back from court,” she says, in a soft geordie accent. “I tried really hard to keep you. My barrister wanted me to agree to them taking you away, but I said I would rather fight and lose, because then at least I’d know I’d fought.”


More >> ‘I saw his fluffy little head going out the door’: one woman's fight to keep her baby

No comments:

Post a Comment

Guess what

It Could Happen To You