Legally Kidnapped

Shattering Your Child Welfare Delusions Since 2007


Tuesday, February 07, 2012

Close in my Heart (a prayer for children taken by the system)

Close in my Heart (a prayer for children taken by the system)

By Tammy Risaliti

You were taken away, only God knows why,
But the pain I feel brings tears to my eyes.
A system that’s broken, it seems so unfair.
I’ll never give up, that’s how much I care.
So when I feel sad over being apart,
I’ll remember this prayer that stays in my heart:
Please give me the strength to carry me through
And protect my children in all that they do.
For I know this is part of some kind of plan
I’ll pray for the wisdom to help understand.
Until the day comes and I’m holding them tight,
I’ll give you my pain, and know it’s alright.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Guess what

It Could Happen To You