Legally Kidnapped

Shattering Your Child Welfare Delusions Since 2007


Tuesday, May 03, 2011

Oops. I offended a soon to be foster parent.

Okay people. Remember the other day, I did this post about this cute little wanna be foster parent? Well, she's on to me. Yup. She caught me in the act of using her blog as an example of how these system suck-offs take advantage of the gullible.

Apparently, she was a little tweaked out about how I handled it. Oh well. I'm sure enough of the system sucks will run to her rescue and tell her not to listen to me because I'm just a disgruntled parent who goes around the internet picking on foster parent blogs.

But anyway. I left a response. I'm sure she will not post my comments. Therefore I am forced to post them here.

So here's the link.
http://adventuresinfosterland.com/2011/05/02/lets-set-the-record-straight/

I do love the title of this post of hers. "Let's Set The Record Straight." So I tried to do just that in the comment that I left on her blog, which you can read below.
Sorry about that sweetie. I am not your enemy, nor was I mocking you. I was simply using you as an example of how they pick on the naive and the gullible in order to carry out their child trafficking operations. I know how manipulative and convincing these people can be, so I realize this may be a little hard for you to understand. But I do what I do because it needs to be done. This has to stop. Foster Care is Child Abuse. That's just the way it is. The way it's set up, the way it's run. It's disgusting. You'll see.

You are not speaking the truth. You are regurgitating that which you learned about in foster parent training. Two totally different things. You are looking at the world through a set of rose colored glasses and failing to acknowledge a whole different side to the issue.

It's a business. Lots of people (service providers such as lawyers, shrinks, foster parents, etc) make money. The public is very much misled on this issue. Families are issued gag orders. People are lied to. Perfectly capable family members are just cut off. I have been befriended by lots of grandparents who were told they could never see their grandkids again. Most of them are more than capable of caring for the kids. There's just no money in that.

So the kids go to foster care, if they're lucky they go back home or get adopted into good families. If they're not, well you're more than free to read my blog and find out. I post to it every day. Believe me, they give me lots to work with.

Oh, and feel free to say whatever you want about me. There's no such thing as bad publicity. Just next time, make sure you add in the link so all of your friends can see what a bad guy I am for fighting for these kids and their families too.

LK
http://www.LegallyKidnapped.blogspot.com
After I hit the Post Comment button, I thought, damn I should have said this, so I left a second comment...
BTW, What's the difference between God and a Social Worker?

God doesn't pretend to be a social worker.
You know, for the first time I honestly feel bad about what I did. It's probably because she's just so cute. I don't know. Usually I'm rather desensitized to this stuff (which is how I stay sane).

Oh well. Life goes on, right?

3 comments:

  1. As a ex-foster child... I can honestly say these foster parents don't care what you or me or anyone thinks... they are gonna start getting fat paychecks and not have to work for it... in these tuff times with people unable to pay bills... people losing their homes to banks... foster care is a guaranteed paycheck... infact it pays better then most jobs... even if this foster parents knows in her heart we are right.... her own needs trump human decency and respect for others... only a low life bottom feeding douch would store kids for cash so the government can sell them threw adoptions... so from one foster kid to a foster parent... get a real job you lazy slob....

    -Bizzi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:42 PM

    I appreciate your view point, I’m sure it comes from a place of experience, but I’m a two income family with no need for another paycheck. I’m sure some foster parents are not doing it for honest reasons, but I can assure you, I’m one of the “good guys”. If you took time to read my blog instead of rushing to judgments, you’d see that about me. This has nothing to do with money. In fact, the agency that I am licensed with would not approve us until we could prove that we make more than spend and are in NO financial hardship. Trust me. They looked through every account we have and took copies of all our monthly bills for months. There are good people trying to do the right thing and good agencies trying to make sure only people with right motivations become foster parents. This is why we didn’t go with the county in our area, but chose a private agency. There is alot of anger in your comment. Unfortunatly it is misdirected.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes sweetie, a lot of these kids come out feeling like a paycheck.

    ReplyDelete

Guess what

It Could Happen To You