Legally Kidnapped

Shattering Your Child Welfare Delusions Since 2007


Monday, May 16, 2011

Foster family risks losing support if they adopt

Foster family risks losing support if they adopt

A Toronto-area couple with four children of their own longs to adopt three others they have been fostering for the past 10 years.

Note: Well that's nice of them.

But if they did, they would lose the child and youth worker who helps in the afternoon and evening when the foster father is at work. They would also lose a $135 per diem from the Children’s Aid Society that helps cover the family’s extra costs related to caring for the three siblings, all of whom have fetal alcohol spectrum disorder.

Note: But they would loose the money.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous3:47 PM

    Well isn't that nice (said sacrastically) Why is it that when I really could have used help with my 2 boys .. I could not get a child and youth worker to help me... they decide to take the kids away instead! That makes me angry that they would rather do that then send me some help.
    P.S. I am not dissing these foster parents who want to adopt... I guess you can't always get everything but I understand how they would want to adopt.

    ReplyDelete

Guess what

It Could Happen To You