Legally Kidnapped

Shattering Your Child Welfare Delusions Since 2007


Monday, August 16, 2010

Is it just me, or is there something wrong with this picture?

So this foster shrink that I have been having some fun with wrote an interesting post on dealing with a sick foster child.
http://fosterparentingadventures.blogspot.com/2010/08/bonding-again-while-cd-is-sick-again.html

We took her into our bed where she would cry for about 15 minutes, eventually fall asleep for 15-20 minutes and then wake up again screaming.
Now, honestly, is that appropriate? Especially when it's not your kid? Would CPS approve?

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12:50 AM

    I don't think that is such a bad thing. If my child was for some reason in foster care I would like to think her foster parents were loving and comforting her rather than letting her scream her head off in her crib all night...

    ReplyDelete

Guess what

It Could Happen To You