Legally Kidnapped

Shattering Your Child Welfare Delusions Since 2007


Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Submitted by Anonymous

My son was a typical teenage boy, 15 years old, knew everything, but was good natured, honest, decent. A boy picked a fight with him on the way home from school one day. The boy called him names and ran into an alley. My son followed like a dope. The boy struck my son twice with a 2x2 piece of wood, my son then grabbed a piece of quarter round molding ( 3/4 in thick ) and attempted to strike the other boy's stick but instead hit the boy in the shoulder, my son's stick broke so since the boy was swinging again my son punched the boy twice. Enough to knock him down. The fight was over. My son left.

The boy's mother not liking her fat kid getting what he asked for called police & filed a complaint. We were hauled into family court, my son was charged with assault 2nd- with intent to cause serious physical injury & assault 2nd- with intent to cause injury using a weapon. The other boy.... no charges on him.

The police, the doctor all testified to rotted wood, no serious injuries, no physical evidence at all. The boy's friends could not identify my son as the kid who fought their friend. No matter. My son was convicted!!!!
My son had no previous history of fights, no prior record, had no been in any trouble. The bastard judge gave him "up to 12 onths" in DSS custody, where they quickly & quietly placed him in a facility. Didn't know FOSTER CARE was punishment? Neither did I. He's treated like a criminal, the thugs that run the place are completely unprofessional. He is limited to calling home only once a week, he has been deprived going to church ( even though supposedly he has that right ), they have given him medical treatment without concent, all his calls are monitored, all his mail is read before it's sent out. His caseworker is a joke. From April thru June she has spoke with him once and only because he was allowed to call her!
No one can tell me about his grades or course of study. He regularly has skin issues from stress.

There are more kids in there for minor infractions then I would have guessed and they're placed right along with gangbangers!!!!!

We are working on an appeal. Wish us luck, I want my son home!!!!!!!

The entire experience has opened my eyes to the corruption involved in juvenile justice. It's a huge scam!!!!

But you have to know that a lot of people require this scam to continue; social workers, counselers, clerks, lawyers, probation officers, guards, cooks, nurses, doctors, administrative personel, ect. It's the lifeblood of many communities!!
My advice to anyone dealing with this, scream from the rooftops!! Let EVERYONE know what's going on. Do not hide from the embarrassment, suck it up and spit it out! Call lawmakers, reporters, keep the pressure on them. Your kid is worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Guess what

It Could Happen To You