Legally Kidnapped

Shattering Your Child Welfare Delusions Since 2007


Saturday, January 02, 2010

BAD parents will have their children taken from them for up to 18 years under a controversial Barnett Government plan.

BAD parents will have their children taken from them for up to 18 years under a controversial Barnett Government plan.

Abusive, drug-addicted and dysfunctional parents will get two years to prove to authorities they have beaten their problems before children are handed to guardians.

1 comment:

  1. So in other words this will make it much easier for the government to remove children and put them in kinship or guardianship care, if I'm reading this right. It could be a good thing but it smells bad to me. I am quite aware that there are truly bad parents out there who deserve to lose their children but the vast majority do not. I stole this to put on my blog. I usually link back to yours but didn't this time. I will take it down if you ask. I'm just trying to raise awareness.

    ReplyDelete

Guess what

It Could Happen To You