Legally Kidnapped

Shattering Your Child Welfare Delusions Since 2007


Friday, December 18, 2009

Children are Alleged Victims of Medical Malpractice at Streamwood Behavioral Health Center

Children are Alleged Victims of Medical Malpractice at Streamwood Behavioral Health Center

Some of our most vulnerable youth have been the victims of alleged abuse at Streamwood Behavioral Health Center – one of Illinois’s largest psychiatric hospitals.

The Chicago Tribune reportsthat the University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC) has found that DCFS children being treated at Streamwood Behavioral Health Center have been “chemically restrained” and given dangerous combinations of drugs in an attempt to control their behavior. The UIC report went on to find that Streamwood is “so understaffed as to be counter-therapeutic.” Children who were in desperate need of counseling and positive behavioral intervention plans were instead provided with high doses of drugs, physical restraints and seclusion to deal with their behavior. The UIC study also reports on drug overdoses being provided to a child as young as 6 and on serious psychotropic medications being provided to children without the required DCFS permission.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:21 AM

    I can believe it. My son was there last year & it was the worst place ever. I'd say worse than prison! If you love your kids, please parents don't put your kids at Streamwood!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:43 PM

    I was there when i was 14 on the fourth floor one specific employee abused me and was afraid of germs and made me carry urine soaked pants to a washer and clean up the kid then he said he would take my DNA and put in an arson crime scene it take 2 different visit to get him fired
    When I got there it was around 9 pm and they lock me up in a room where I was naked with no blanket or pillow and made me sleep there without my pills one disgusting wood floors it is nasty they just wear rubber gloves and restrain you in a room with a bed naked strapped down to it and watch you from the nurses station and let everybody walk by with a window on the door where people can see you naked where they can see your private parts if you act out the give you a shot in your ass and hold you down to shove it in you whatever you can do don't send your kids there they will HATE IT SO MUCH don't try just trust me

    ReplyDelete

Guess what

It Could Happen To You