Legally Kidnapped

Shattering Your Child Welfare Delusions Since 2007


Tuesday, February 03, 2009

100,000 laws and still only 10 commandments

I have to post this. It came in a joke ezine I get.
----
My son and I were watching Raiders of the Lost Ark this
weekend. I enjoy watching a movie like this with a kid who
has never seen it before because I can recapture a little
of the excitement of seeing it for the first time again.

"Are they looking for Noah's ark?" he asked.

"No," I said, "the ark they are looking for is a box that the
ancient Jews kept the Ten Commandments in."

"What are the Ten Commandments?" he asked.

"They were the stone tablets that God wrote his ten laws on."

"They only had ten laws?" he exclaimed with wide eyes. "Boy,
they had it easy!"

Verbatimly,

TZ

No comments:

Post a Comment

Guess what

It Could Happen To You