Legally Kidnapped

Shattering Your Child Welfare Delusions Since 2007


Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Beware of the Newsgroup System Sucks

If you go to Yahoo Groups and do a search for CPS, you get 983 results. http://groups.yahoo.com/search?query=cps. Some of these have nothing to do with Child Protective, but many do. Some are dead, others are active. I haven't checked through them all, I have better things to do. But I do follow a few. I don't participate in many of them, but I do here or there in a couple. One or two I might stick with, but most not for long.

I've noticed something...

There are System Sucks lurking about in the various CPS reform and support groups that are popping up here or there online. So parents be warned.

It's really quite sad. These are the people who claim that they want to change the world, but do nothing but start arguments, lower moral by saying any of you're ideas won't work, and do everything they can to discredit anybody who is actually doing something when no deed will go completely unnoticed.

There is this one, for example, one who just can't understand why I would bother with this blog. She said it was a complete waste of my time. Maybe she's right. Maybe she's wrong. Maybe Legally Kidnapped won't change the world. Then again, my goal is simply to spread awareness, and this blog has had a modest amount of visitors, it does have a few regular readers, and people even send me news stories, articles they wrote, YouTube videos. Her goal seems to be to discourage actions, try to discredit people like me and sue anybody who infringes upon her intellectual property rights.

I guess we're in it for different reasons.

I ask for nothing in return.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:54 AM

    Getting the word out there is an invaluable service. You might never connect the change to this blog- but trust me it is. First the truth is ridiculed, then it is violently oppossed- then accepted.

    The more the general public learns about what is happening; the more the truth of CPS will be accepted.

    Then there are people like me who need to read about it be thankful that are trials with CPS are not as bad as what has happened to others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:04 PM

    This is going to be a long post.

    Years ago I worked with a small marketing company. One summer afternoon a discussion on the subject of "do we have any effect on the world with what we say and do" wa had.

    There were different opinions, including the one that says non at all.

    It was decided that a two worded would be agreed on, used in every conversation, and printed on business cards to be passed out to every person the people in the group met for one month. This was done.

    A year later there were news stories, on TV about that phrase being printed on bumper stickers, and bill boards in a Denver Colorado. Two years later I opened a christian magazine and saw a small boy in the front row of a a group of children in South America wearing a T shirt with the phrase on it. That phrase was "SH..T HAPPENS" Not the best phrase that could have been picket but good enough.

    The day I saw that little boy in that magazine was the day that I became a very powerful human being, with the power to change the world.

    Since then I have spent many hours speaking to many people, writing many documents etc. I know what I say and what I do changes the world for ever. Am I famous for what I do? Somethings not all. Would I ever tell another human being that what they do right or wrong has no effect? Absolutely not it is not true.

    I have been visiting this blog sense I discovered it. What I have found here has been distributed by me to attorneys, judges, senators, representatives both state and federal.I have past it on to news people for stories and exposes. It has been used in much of what I do.

    This blog is very powerful, and makes me even more powerful for those who can not speak for themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:14 PM

    Thank you for your words of encouragement.

    It's a good thing that I don't let system sucks drag me down. If I listened to every one of them, I would have given this up a long time ago.

    ReplyDelete

Guess what

It Could Happen To You