Legally Kidnapped

Shattering Your Child Welfare Delusions Since 2007


Sunday, April 13, 2008

Prom Princesses gives formal wear to foster kids

Prom Princesses gives formal wear to foster kids

Gigi Edwards-Bryant remembers the night of her high school prom well.

“I didn’t go to my prom because I didn't have anything to wear,” she says. “I didn't have a dress and the foster parent (she was living with) didn't get me one, so I got to watch her kids go and I didn't get to go.”

As an adult, Edwards-Bryant decided that shouldn’t happen to other children in foster care.

Note: What a nice foster mother she had.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous2:14 PM

    Since when is it a crime to stop a foster child from going to a prom? Boo hoo! So she didn't go to the prom. Big deal! Was this some sort of abuse? I would have let her buy a prom dress if she had a job and her own money, but heck! a teenager will eat right through that stipend they give you. No way would I pay a few hundred bucks for a dress she's going to wear just once. Get real! Doesn't she see how frivolous her concern is compared to the big picture? i.e. Her parents on drugs, her life in shambles, her having to live with strangers. Prom is not her biggest problem here.

    ReplyDelete

Guess what

It Could Happen To You