Legally Kidnapped

Shattering Your Child Welfare Delusions Since 2007


Tuesday, April 01, 2008

An email from a mom telling about her troubles with the system.

I went through a custody battle, ex called dcfs several times (I know because social worker had to cancel & said she tried to reach me on my cell, read off his # as the # she called to reschedule.....) when the lady came to our house....she kept looking at how nice our house was, even making comments like...who is your decorator?

well, out of the 30 reports, only 1 was substantiated....my 12 yr old had a small bruise on his knee (the kid played football...wanted to live w/ Dad and was advised to lie about abuse...) They ordered us to go through drug testing, we passed them all, they said my current husband didn't show up...he did, they lost the tests!!! after so many tests, my idiot husband took a hit of a joint....at work, not in our home, not around the kids.

We refused to sign their "Prevention Plan" so they brought a cop with them that night to scare us into signing, we didn't.

They held a custody hearing.....without our knowledge! Not only were they going to put the kids in foster care, they had a SOCIAL WORKER from the Cabinet ready to make room in her home for MY kids!!!!!!!!! One of which was special needs (more adoption money for the State)

it had to be done IMMEDIATELY....they would not allow us to set up other arrangements!

So we absconded with the children to another state....and only agreed to come back if the kids could live w/ family....

After I lost my kids, and disappeared for a week, both my husband and I lost our jobs, our home, my career was in Education...my degree...I can never use it again!

I THEN began using drugs & alcohol...I HAD 5 children, lived in a very well-appointed $180k home...my kids & I had just gone to see Disney on ice the night before, they were very well cared for, had anything they wanted......
when I lost them, I tried to commit suicide because I lost my life when I lost them.

We had over 50 acquaintences write letters stating how great we were with our children....but the judge doesn't get to see this, they only let the Cabinet speak........where is the justice in this? The caseworker who took our kids hod none of her own & this was her 1st case!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who looked out for our Family?

I wrote the Governor, State & Local agencies, I appealed the decisions....but OF COURSE it was upheld! Easier to go with the status-quo than to admit a flaw in the Cabinet....Judges are afraid of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Guess what

It Could Happen To You